Vertigo Games, the studio behind Arizona Sunshine (2016) and Skyworld (2017), have teamed up with Vive Studios to create a new VR card-battler dubbed Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl.
The studios say the game will be available on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, Windows VR headsets, Vive Focus—with full cross-platform support—on April 2nd, 2019. Support for HTC’s newly announced 6DOF standalone headset Vive Focus Plus is said to come later this year.
Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl, like many card-based battle games, lets you collect, unlock, and upgrade cards to build a deck, although the creators say you’ll also be able to “watch your cards come to life as you cast spells and summon forces to wipe your enemy off the map.” In Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl you’ll also be able to join a clan, play in regular online tournaments, and post your high score on a worldwide leaderboard.
Check out the list of features mentioned on the game’s official website:
- Play dozens of cards to deploy troops and cast spells
- Challenge friends worldwide in cross-platform multiplayer
- Choose from over 20 unique battle arenas
- Join a clan, battle for glory and claim your rewards!
- Claim a place on the global leaderboards
- Make name for yourself in regular tournaments
- Vanquish your enemies with dragons and fireballs!
- Wage war and be victorious!
Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl will debut at GDC later this month, showing cross-platform demos running on Vive Pro and the Vive Focus in convention’s VR Play Area. We’ll have feet on the ground at GDC 2019, so check back soon for news, hands-on articles, and all things AR/VR.
The post Vive Studios & Vertigo Games Announce VR Card Battle Game ‘Skyworld: Kingdom Brawl’ appeared first on Road to VR.