Valve has finally announced some insight into their upcoming Index VR headset. Fans of Steam and Valve can pre-order the headset starting May 1st with several different options.
The Valve Index will include a variety of bundling which includes just the headset starting at $499. You can also go with the Valve Index and the Knuckles Index controllers for $749. You can also choose the full bundle which includes the headset, controllers, and the new base station for $999. Below is the full breakdown included in the bundle.
Included in the Valve Index VR headset bundle:
- Integrated Headphones
- Headset Cable
- Headset Connection Cable with DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.0 Connections
- Headset Power Supply
- Regionalized Headset Power Adapter(s)
- Headset Cradle Adapter (for smaller heads)
- Headset Face Gasket
- 2 Controllers, Left and Right
- 2 USB Controller Charging Cables
- 2 SteamVR 2.0 Base Stations
- 2 15 ft (4.5 m) Base Station Power Cables
- 2 Base Station Stands with Mounting Hardware
- Regionalized Base Station Power Adapter Plug(s)
- Cleaning Cloth
Index VR headset Specs:
Dual 1440 x 1600 LCDs, full RGB per pixel, ultra-low persistence global backlight illumination (0.330ms at 144Hz)
Double element, canted lens design
Field of View (FOV)
Optimized eye relief adjustment allows a typical user experience 20º more than the HTC Vive
Inter-pupillary Distance (IPD)
58mm – 70mm range physical adjustment
Head size, eye relief (FOV), IPD, speaker positions. Rear cradle adapter included.
5m tether, 1m breakaway trident connector. USB 3.0, DisplayPort 1.2, 12V power
SteamVR 2.0 sensors, compatible with SteamVR 1.0 and 2.0 base stations
Built-in: 37.5mm off-ear Balanced Mode Radiators (BMR), frequency response: 40Hz – 24KHz, impedance: 6 Ohm, SPL: 98.96 dBSPL at 1cm.
Aux Headphone Out 3.5mm
Dual Microphone Array, Frequency response: 20Hz – 24kHz, Sensitivity: -25dBFS/Pa @ 1kHz
Stereo 960 x 960 pixel, global shutter, RGB (Bayer)
Pre-orders for the headset is expected to ship on June 28th, 2019. There are system requirements in order to operate the new headset as well.
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Dual Core with Hyper-Threading
- Minne: 8 GB RAM
- Grafik: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, AMD RX480
- Nätverk: Bredbandsanslutning
- Ytterligare anmärkningar: Available DisplayPort (Version 1.2) and USB (2.0+) Port Required
The Valve Index Headset is compatible with any Controllers featuring support for SteamVR Tracking including Valve Index Controllers, HTC Vive Wands, and HTC Vive Pro Wands.
The post Valve Index VR Headset Starting At $499 With Bundle At $999 – Everything You Need To Know appeared first on VR News, Games, And Reviews.